I honestly had no idea what to call this, except delicious. It was adapted from this recipe, but she called it Chili. The way mine turned out… not exactly chili. Much more like soup. But if you Google Mac and Cheese Soup, it looks nothing like this. Neither does Cheeseburger Soup. But whatever. It’s delicious… there’s cheese, there’s elbow noodles, so I’m calling it Mac and Cheese Soup. All you need to know is that this is a super quick comforting meal that’s perfect for a Monday night.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 8 ounces elbow noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheddar, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion, and ground beef. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain excess fat, if necessary.
- Add next seven ingredients, through cumin. Bring to a boil, add pasta, and cook until al dente according to pasta’s package instructions (about 8 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper and top with shredded cheddar.