Who doesn’t love pizza? Cheese, carbs, sauce… did I mention cheeeese?! Sure, you could pick up the phone and dial your favorite local pizza place (just please… no Dominos or Papa Johns if you live in NYC), but it’s really not hard to make your own. You definitely don’t need a pizza oven. And you don’t even need to make your own dough. Just stock your kitchen with my favorite items below, pick up some dough at your local bakery or pizza place on your way home, and then get cooking (don’t forget the wine!).
- Let dough come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 550F (or 500F, depending on how high your oven goes) with your pizza stone inside of it.
- Sprinkle semolina on the peel.
- Once dough is at room temperature, sprinkle a small amount of flour on each side of the dough. Stretch until thin and circular. Place on the peel. Top with sauce and toppings. Ensure dough moves when you shake the peel. (If not, add a little more semolina flour and try again.)
- When oven reaches full temperature, shimmy the dough onto the pizza stone. Cook approximately 10 minutes.